About two weeks ago, leaders in campus recreation gathered at the beautiful Embassy Suites in Wilmington, North Carolina. Knowledge bombs were dropped, laughs were had, complimentary breakfast was devoured, and most of all, connections were made.
At first, the summit was once a “what if”, an “oh that would be so cool to do”, and a “maybe one day” idea. This is the recap of the day Globetrotter Wellness Solutions drew its line in the sand.
Eastern Carolina University, Wake Forest University, UNC Charlotte, Radford University, Virginia Tech, University of Illinois, UNC Asheville, and Matrix were in attendance. This day and a half event was packed with lifelong lessons, networking, and fun of course.
Day 1 started off with insight on organizational culture, presented by Steven Trotter, Principal of Globetrotter Wellness Solutions.
Liz Greenlee, Assistant Director of Fitness and Wellness at Radford University, presenting on Generation Z.
Later on, we discussed developing world class programs and facilities.
After a long first day, we celebrated with an incredible view on the rooftop bar and of course, had to hydrate and refuel.
Kia Williams, Assistant Director of Fitness Programs at the University of Illinois and Master Trainer for Barre Above, enlightened us on Customer Service vs. Customer Satisfaction.
Will Trent, Marketing Manager for Virginia Tech Recreational Sports, presented on strategic marketing.
We ended the day on goal setting, self evaluation, and professional development. Then off to the beach the Globetrotter Wellness Solutions team went!
Thank you to all attendees, as well as our co-sponsor Fitness Asset Manager for making this event possible. We hope the connections you made in Wilmington extend beyond boundaries and act as career resources. The ultimate end result of this event was for you to be able to bring back your new found knowledge and put it into practice right away despite your setting or situation. Globetrotter Wellness Solutions strives to bring you local solutions that make a global impact. Our goal is to help you achieve yours.
Interested in bringing an event like this near you or us facilitating a workshop? Drop us a note and let us know where we should globe trot to next at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experiencing low attendance in your classes or is your gym going through a lull in new members? Globetrotter Wellness Solutions has tips for you that range from thinking outside the box with untapped markets to creative strategies on how to recruit new members.
Recruiting New Members
"Gym and Juice highlights all of our amazing programs in a 2-hour window! Here members can get a taste of juice and a class that may be their future fitness home! We have seen multiple members try things they would never have before. It is a great sampler of all areas of group fitness!"
Group Fitness Manager O2 Hanover and Mayfaire
5. Go Corporate. Reach out to large companies while relaying the importance of employee wellness and offer a special discount for their employees.
6. Sponsor or host a charity event. Get your name out there whether it’s a 5k run or sponsoring a local health fair. Associate your name with a great cause to gain more exposure.
1. Elderly. The baby boomers are growing! Try teaching a stretching or chair yoga class targeting this special population.
2. Children. Kids have a ton of energy. What better way to burn off that energy than to have a class just for them? Take it to the next level and have a class for kids and their parents, where the adults workout while the kids play together. A win win for all.
3. Men. The boys like to stay in the weight room, try hosting a men’s only class such as yoga (Broga), etc. Get their feet wet with group exercise and reiterate the importance of variety in their workouts. Swole Steve might bench 315 pounds, but can’t hold a 30 second plank.
We hope you learned something new and challenge you to implement one of these tactics in the next two weeks. Let us know how it went in the comments below! Sometimes recruiting new members, means investing more in the ones you already have. Find the hidden treasure right in front of you and get recruiting!
A millennial wellness enthusiast trying to figure out life. Coupon Queen. Experimental Chef. Personal Trainer. Aspiring Health Coach.
Who we are
Just a team of round pegs in a square hole changing the world one interaction at a time.
Look back at it