Experiencing low attendance in your classes or is your gym going through a lull in new members? Globetrotter Wellness Solutions has tips for you that range from thinking outside the box with untapped markets to creative strategies on how to recruit new members.
Recruiting New Members
"Gym and Juice highlights all of our amazing programs in a 2-hour window! Here members can get a taste of juice and a class that may be their future fitness home! We have seen multiple members try things they would never have before. It is a great sampler of all areas of group fitness!"
Group Fitness Manager O2 Hanover and Mayfaire
5. Go Corporate. Reach out to large companies while relaying the importance of employee wellness and offer a special discount for their employees.
6. Sponsor or host a charity event. Get your name out there whether it’s a 5k run or sponsoring a local health fair. Associate your name with a great cause to gain more exposure.
1. Elderly. The baby boomers are growing! Try teaching a stretching or chair yoga class targeting this special population.
2. Children. Kids have a ton of energy. What better way to burn off that energy than to have a class just for them? Take it to the next level and have a class for kids and their parents, where the adults workout while the kids play together. A win win for all.
3. Men. The boys like to stay in the weight room, try hosting a men’s only class such as yoga (Broga), etc. Get their feet wet with group exercise and reiterate the importance of variety in their workouts. Swole Steve might bench 315 pounds, but can’t hold a 30 second plank.
We hope you learned something new and challenge you to implement one of these tactics in the next two weeks. Let us know how it went in the comments below! Sometimes recruiting new members, means investing more in the ones you already have. Find the hidden treasure right in front of you and get recruiting!
A millennial wellness enthusiast trying to figure out life. Coupon Queen. Experimental Chef. Personal Trainer. Aspiring Health Coach.
Who we are
Just a team of round pegs in a square hole changing the world one interaction at a time.
Look back at it